The Violence Against Women Act is currently up for the reauthorization by Congress, but the conference committee has yet to meet to decide to reauthorize VAWA and they only have a few more weeks before the end of their session. Click below to read some myths & facts on how VAWA helps protect immigrant victims of domestic and sexual violence, created by the Immigration Committee of the National Task Force to End Sexual and Domestic Violence.
Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- Meet our new Legal Team intern! Excited to have her here at HRI. ow.ly/lkuxU 10 hours ago
- Immigration Asylum And Detention Amendments Could Protect LGBT Immigrants thkpr.gs/10JmkPu via @thinkprogress 12 hours ago
- Immigration reform clears key Senate hurdle ow.ly/lkbVf 12 hours ago
- RT @RI4A: MT @pnmcdaniel: The Senate has passed 48 amendments to the #immigration bill. Summary: washingtonpost.com/blogs/wonkblog… via @washingtonpost… 5 days ago
- Tell #SJC to vote against racial profiling by voting no on Sessions 32,34,35, Grassley43& Graham3 1 week ago