Recently released statistical information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service gives insight into recent grant rates for asylum applications. These numbers show that grant rate for asylum cases nationwide in November and December of 2011 was 29 and 30 percent, respectively. The Houston Asylum Office, which handles the fewest asylum applications of any office in the country, granted 23 percent of the cases it heard in November 2011 and 24 percent in December 2011. This puts it below the national average and among the lowest of the 8 asylum offices in the country. Last year HRI won more than 60 percent of its cases before the Houston Asylum Office.
Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- Some great new reads from NYT to celebrate #NationalHispanicHeritageMonth ow.ly/aKAN30fmFsn https://t.co/Q3uiq6pZeF 21 hours ago
- Fast Track to #Citizenship Is Cut Off for Some #Military Recruits ow.ly/bvvc30fjkUS https://t.co/ggqrdIsOTb 2 days ago
- Plainclothes ICE agents strike fear in #immigrants who need to enter courthouses. ow.ly/4FjA30fht2J https://t.co/SL6rp0g91P 3 days ago
- Tell your senators and representatives to pass the #DREAMACT https://t.co/IxrRqoPLoQ 4 days ago
- Why immigration is so important to the midwest ow.ly/XJz330ffvIG 4 days ago