Recently released statistical information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service gives insight into recent grant rates for asylum applications. These numbers show that grant rate for asylum cases nationwide in November and December of 2011 was 29 and 30 percent, respectively. The Houston Asylum Office, which handles the fewest asylum applications of any office in the country, granted 23 percent of the cases it heard in November 2011 and 24 percent in December 2011. This puts it below the national average and among the lowest of the 8 asylum offices in the country. Last year HRI won more than 60 percent of its cases before the Houston Asylum Office.
Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- Check out when #AmazonSmile when making purchases, and they will triple donation rates to non-profits like Human Ri… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- Trump Administration Moves To Reshape Who Qualifies For Asylum "Immigration lawyers are warning that thousands of… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 5 days ago
- RT @JuiceLandTx: It’s a new month, which means we’ve got a new smoothie special! We’re celebrating the power of cauliflower with our Caulif… 1 week ago
- " Legal immigrants to the US wonder: Amid DACA attention, what about us?" cnn.com/2018/03/07/pol… https://t.co/25JYKXJN89 1 week ago
- February's Wrap Up from HRI! - mailchi.mp/817bc0ead24b/2… 2 weeks ago