Recently released statistical information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service gives insight into recent grant rates for asylum applications. These numbers show that grant rate for asylum cases nationwide in November and December of 2011 was 29 and 30 percent, respectively. The Houston Asylum Office, which handles the fewest asylum applications of any office in the country, granted 23 percent of the cases it heard in November 2011 and 24 percent in December 2011. This puts it below the national average and among the lowest of the 8 asylum offices in the country. Last year HRI won more than 60 percent of its cases before the Houston Asylum Office.
Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- How long does it really take to get a #greencard? ow.ly/Gk4330hdbgx https://t.co/jGdKwAHSbk 1 day ago
- Are you looking for something to do this #Thursday night? Then come to #allgoodcafe in #DeepEllum for live music an… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 days ago
- mailchi.mp/b90efeedaea0/h… Check out our #November Newsletter for big news and lots of info! 1 week ago
- This #GivingTuesday help vulnerable immigrants in your community by going to ow.ly/VK1230gSnGV and donating t… twitter.com/i/web/status/9… 2 weeks ago
- mailchi.mp/c6656669b9e0/t… Participate in #BigDGives with us! 2 weeks ago