Recently released statistical information from the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service gives insight into recent grant rates for asylum applications. These numbers show that grant rate for asylum cases nationwide in November and December of 2011 was 29 and 30 percent, respectively. The Houston Asylum Office, which handles the fewest asylum applications of any office in the country, granted 23 percent of the cases it heard in November 2011 and 24 percent in December 2011. This puts it below the national average and among the lowest of the 8 asylum offices in the country. Last year HRI won more than 60 percent of its cases before the Houston Asylum Office.
Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- RT @disolis: Texas' #SB4 is 'enormous state overreach,' with 1st Amnd issues for professors, politicos, says @MALDEF atty @CelinaYMoreno #N… 4 hours ago
- RT @theIRC: A reminder of how the U.S. refugee vetting & resettlement process really works: bit.ly/2tMSUmN #StandWithRefugees #Ref… 4 hours ago
- RT @RYHODallas: Local #Dallas #artists are encouraged to apply for the #RYHODallas Artist call!!! #art #DoGood ow.ly/jta430cMwTg http… 4 hours ago
- Son of immigration activist who sought sanctuary in Chicago church to graduate high school. ow.ly/qETE30cIYza 5 hours ago
- HRI stands w/survivors! Today is Int'l day in Support of Victims of #Torture. #StopTorture #SupportLifeAfterTorture ow.ly/OQx830cU2SN 10 hours ago