Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- With this new law, which essentially legalizes racial profiling, women survivors like me will fear seeking help #SB4 ow.ly/fSIZ30bWmOA 10 hours ago
- #Ohio House passes workers' comp budget that eliminates benefits for undocumented #immigrants. ow.ly/ys7F30bWkLQ 1 day ago
- Justice Department budget plan seeks to force 'sanctuary cities' to enforce immigration laws ow.ly/bCXC30c4Acx 1 day ago
- This Simple Puzzle Test Sealed The Fate Of #Immigrants At Ellis Island. #History ow.ly/dv7N30bWi6g 2 days ago
- Check out this month's Freedom Fridays w/ @billholston: hrionline.org/blog/freedom-f… https://t.co/DMDrtSYNig 2 days ago
Author Archives: Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Inc.
To view updated blog posts please visit our website at http://www.hrionline.org!
A recent New York Times article by Julia Preston describes how Mitt Romney’s recent comments on his plans for the Obama Administration’s DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), if he’s elected president, has created confusion and anxiety amongst many undocumented … Continue reading
In honor of next week’s National Pro Bono Week, the Dallas Bar Association’s Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) hosted it’s annual Pro Bono Awards last night. This year DVAP celebrates its 30th anniversary. As a pro bono agency, Human Rights … Continue reading
A recent Wall Street Journal article by Miriam Jordan explores the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals movement, which was led by undocumented immigrants, and how the students were able to directly impact political policy. Click here to read the article.
One of our clients is among the first to be granted a U-Visa for the new fiscal year for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which started October 1st. In August, the USCIS announced they had reached the annual limit of … Continue reading