Visit our websitewww.hrionline.org
- Over the last three weeks the Children's Program has handed out SIX green cards! The smiles say it all -they always… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 19 hours ago
- This is the first step to making your impact local. Join us. eepurl.com/cDu0tb 23 hours ago
- Dallas County ‘Dreamer’s’ arrest puts scare in immigration-rights community. #ProtectDACA ow.ly/nxob309iSf6 1 day ago
- "In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends." MLK… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- There are more slaves today than any other point in history usat.ly/2mbJd0r 2 days ago
Author Archives: Human Rights Initiative of North Texas, Inc.
To view updated blog posts please visit our website at http://www.hrionline.org!
A recent New York Times article by Julia Preston describes how Mitt Romney’s recent comments on his plans for the Obama Administration’s DACA (Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals), if he’s elected president, has created confusion and anxiety amongst many undocumented … Continue reading
In honor of next week’s National Pro Bono Week, the Dallas Bar Association’s Dallas Volunteer Attorney Program (DVAP) hosted it’s annual Pro Bono Awards last night. This year DVAP celebrates its 30th anniversary. As a pro bono agency, Human Rights … Continue reading
A recent Wall Street Journal article by Miriam Jordan explores the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals movement, which was led by undocumented immigrants, and how the students were able to directly impact political policy. Click here to read the article.
One of our clients is among the first to be granted a U-Visa for the new fiscal year for U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, which started October 1st. In August, the USCIS announced they had reached the annual limit of … Continue reading